Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Still here

Today is Wednesday. Jared is still in the hospital. The view on this side isn't nearly as pretty :-( I feel like we have been demoted down here to the 8th floor lol. Jared's sister told me when we have a favorite location inside the hospital we have been here too much. I have to agree :-) I guess they were full up on the transplant floor so that's why we got stuck down here. I suppose the staff is forgiven.
Ok, so back to Jared. He has a bacterial infection, his white blood count was 3000. The doctor said they probably nicked his bowel again during one of the recent paracentesises. His fever keeps creeping back up and he still has abdominal pain. They have him on antibiotics and say he will probably get to go home tomorrow. 

Jared's MELD is at 22 now. Yea, let's hope it continues to go up. The faster it rises the sooner he gets transplanted! 

Lovely scenery here ;-)

1 comment:

  1. What a spacious room you have! I bet there would be enough room to have some cloggers come in and perform. Or maybe some great toys like a scooter or blow-up ball pit. With lights & music! You guys are so spoiled.

    ReplyDelete